Spoken Word - Tula-tulaan at The Warrior Poet Art Cafe, Cubao Expo

PHOTO: Spoken Word Tula-tulaan
A very late post... but it's better late than never, right?
Anyway, Marife invited me to this event. It was nice when someone asked you to come even though I only met her once at St. Scholastica. I agree to attend because I realized that it was two years since the last poetry reading event that I attended.

It was 5:30 PM when I went to Cubao Expo (aka Cubao X). I went early because I waited for my friend, Jessica. Unfortunately, she didn't come because of her new job. So, I was on my own for more than two hours.

Before the event starts, I looked around and saw some of the books from Hemingway Bookshop. I was not supposed to buy anything, but I got tempted. I bought two books: one is Sigmund Freud's Beyond the Pleasure Principle, and the other is The New Feminist. I remember when I bought these books, the woman in her early twenties said "Ah, Sigmund Freud... You can control your man with that book" and "Sigmund Freud is all about the penis. Penis!" (That was not the exact words she said. I just paraphrased it.) I just chuckled as my respond.

I looked around again and had a little chat with other people. I don't usually talk to strangers, but they're very friendly and they're very nice to talk to. It seems like almost all the people there knew each other and I was like "the outsider". Strangely, I didn't feel that way.

The show started at 7:45 (I guess), but the real schedule was 6:00. The same early twenties woman joked about it and she said "Cubao-X-time is always an hour and a half late." Anyway, I enjoyed the poetry reading accompanied by the beat of the drum. To be honest, I didn't catch some of the word they said because they said it too fast (or am I just slow?).

Finally, Trixie came, and then we saw Marife while scanning some books. We went to Escobar and watched the even from afar.


"Benedict Cumberbatch Pregnancy Club" tote bag is another proof that
Cumberb**** is the fastest growing religion in the world.

More tote bags from Forever Ugly

I was supposed to buy Movie Time wood poster.
Then I realized that I've lots of clutter in my room.


Wood posters from Polarities and paper vinyl wallets from Vachuca.
 
From Paulo Coelho to Kafka. From Sigmund Freud to Bob Ong.
 
Books, books, books...
 
... and lots of books from Hemingway Bookshop.

I had a little chat with this guy. Surprisingly, we had a common friend.
 
Outside the Warrior Poet Art Cafe
 
"Hear, hear."


Next time, I'll try Chocolatte Classic.
Marty Tengco and Kooky Tuason
Raul M. Roco Jr.
Marty Tengco and Xiao Santiago
Is it a flip-top or balagtasan? Whatever that is, it's awesome.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last Movie Watched: Cinema One Originals 2014: #Intense

MIXTAPE | March 2017